Sun, May 21|
Awesome Boundaries Around the World
People with the most Awesome Boundaries have the truest friends, the best sex and the least amount of toxic conflict in their lives.
Time & Location
May 21, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM PDT
About the Event
Healthy boundaries make for healthy relationships and COVID 19 has made maintaining good boundaries even more important. Please note this event is at 10am PST, 11am MDT, 12pm CDT, and 7pm GMT+2 and lasts for 3 hours.
At one time or another we've all said yes when we wanted to say no, no when we wanted to say yes, and maybe when we really didn't mean it. In one way or another we've pushed someone's boundaries, invaded their personal space or had ours invaded. We’ve experienced conversations or touch we didn’t want or gone in for some kind of touch without waiting, or accepted a lukewarm yes. Whether you’ve been taught to go against your own boundaries in order to please others or to push hard for what you want, or a mix of both, this on-line workshop is a place to explore together how we each got to where we are today with boundaries and how to get to a better place in how we set and receive boundaries.
During this workshop we’ll:
• Talk about what a boundary is and where we usually set them versus where we would like to set them
• Learn how to say "no" clearly and how to respond to hearing one
• Learn how to explore safely using negotiation, changing our 'yes' to a 'no' when needed, while giving and getting feedback
• Explore cultural differences in what looks and feels like a healthy boundary
• Learn how to deal with someone who doesn't respect our boundaries
• Learn more about fight, flight, freeze and fawn responses in yourself and others
• Have opportunities to practice and discuss boundary setting with other participants
This is a practical class where we work with actual situations sharing useful tools for bettering our boundaries and how well we perceive and support the boundaries of others.
There will be several break outs into smaller groups for discussion and practice. You'll be amazed what comes up that you didn't even expect and how much you can learn about yourself, your boundary style and your self talk when negotiating in real time with others.
This workshop is being offered through Sex Positive World to members of all sex positive chapters in the US and Europe and to anyone interested in learning more about consent and boundaries. Come enjoy this opportunity to meet people from around the world who care about healthy boundaries!
"My ecosystem is flush enough with money right now that I can share at this level to support SPW"
Regular Price Ticket
"I'm in a sustainable place financially and happy to contribute this much to support SPW"
Pay What You Can
"Money is tight right now but I would like to help support SPW"
Money would be a barrier for me to attend so I am choosing this option.