Sun, Jan 24|
COVID Informed Awesome Boundaries
Healthy boundaries make for healthy relationships and COVID 19 has made maintaining good boundaries even more important.
Time & Location
Jan 24, 2021, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM PST
About the Event
Healthy boundaries make for healthy relationships and COVID 19 has made maintaining good boundaries even more important. Please note this event is at 10am PST, 11am MDT, 12pm CDT, and 7pm GMT+2 and lasts for 3 hours.
At one time or another we've all said yes when we wanted to say no, no when we wanted to say yes, and maybe when we really didn't mean it. In one way or another we've pushed someone's boundaries, invaded their personal space or had ours invaded. We’ve experienced conversations or touch we didn’t want or gone in for some kind of touch without waiting, or accepted a lukewarm yes. Whether you’ve been taught to go against your own boundaries in order to please others or to push hard for what you want, or a mix of both, this on-line workshop is a place to explore together how we each got to where we are today with boundaries and how to get to a better place in how we set and receive boundaries.
During this workshop we’ll:
• Learn how to say "no", gently and caringly yet with authority and finality.
• Learn how to explore safely using negotiation, changing our yes to a no when appropriate while giving and getting feedback.
• Explore cultural differences in what looks and feels like a healthy boundary
• Learn how to deal with someone who doesn't respect our boundaries
• We'll discuss and demonstrate physical maneuvers to evade unwanted touch and, for COVID safety, sudden or slowly evolving lack of physical distancing.
• Learn more about fight, flight, freeze and fawn responses in yourself and others.
This is a practical class where we work with actual situations sharing useful tools for bettering our boundaries and how well we perceive and support the boundaries of others.
There will be several break outs into smaller groups for discussion and practice. You'll be amazed what comes up that you didn't even expect and how much you can learn about yourself, your boundary style and your self talk when negotiating in real time with others.
This meet up is being offered through Sex Positive World to members of all sex positive chapters in the US and Europe and to people interested in starting chapters or just learning more about boundaries. Come enjoy this opportunity to meet people from around the US and the world who care about healthy boundaries.
"My ecosystem is flush enough with money right now that I can share at this level to support SPW"
Regular Price Ticket
"I'm in a sustainable place financially and happy to contribute this much to support SPW"
Pay What You Can
"Money is tight right now but I would like to help support SPW"
Money would be a barrier for me to attend so I am choosing this option.