Fri, Sep 18|
Ethical Non-Monogamy (ENM) - First Questions (1 of 3)
This first of 3 workshops is designed to answer all your basic questions about ENM (with a focus on open relationships and polyamory) and to give you resources to understand and solve the most common problems that can arise.
Time & Location
Sep 18, 2020, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM PDT
About the Event
This is an event done in collaboration with Empowered Pleasure and other chapters of SPW. There will be attendees that are not members of an SP chapter. Please note this event is at 6:30pm PST, 7:30pm MDT, 8:30pm CDT, and 3:30am GMT+2 and lasts for 2.5 hours.
This first of 3 workshops is designed to answer all your basic questions about ENM (with a focus on open relationships and polyamory) and to give you resources to understand and solve the most common problems that can arise. The workshops don’t need to be taken sequentially, although they do build on one another.
ENM refers to any consensual relationship where more than two people are involved.
• Open relationship
• Relationship anarchy / Solo poly
• What is ENM?
• What makes non-monogamy ethical? Similarly, what makes it unethical?
• How is ENM different from cheating? Polyamory? Open relationship? Swinging?
• What are the pros and cons of ENM?
• How can I bring this topic up in my currently monogamous relationship?
• What feelings often arise if I express a desire to open up to my currently monogamous partner?
• Will ENM make my existing relationship better?
• How can I strengthen my current relationship to smooth any turbulence?
• How can I gain better self-awareness and internal self-regulation to make opening up easier?
• What do we say to our friends / family / children? There will be multiple Breakouts to discuss the points above in smaller groups. All discussion is entirely consensual, and everyone will be reminded of the importance that anything shared here is confidential.
Cliff, Charity & Mel (CCM) - separately and as partners - have over 50 years in ENM relationships, giving them a comprehensive view of both the wonders and perils of living this life.
Cliff, MSC. His first profession was 20 years of teaching meditation to thousands of people all over the world (Iran, India, Philippines, Switzerland, US). He's studied Tantra since 1998 with Alan Lowen, is a graduate of Alan's 2-year Body, Heart & Soul Training (http://artofbeing.com/), and has assisted Alan at dozens of week-long Tantra courses in Germany and Switzerland. Over the past 47 years, he's facilitated hundreds of workshops with tens of thousands in attendance on meditation, intimacy, sexuality, boundaries and presence.
Charity, PsyD. She specializes in trauma and interpersonal neurobiology. She applies what we know about the brain and mirror neurons to understand how attachment and connection interweave, and how genuine relating in the absence of defense mechanisms enhances capacity for self-knowledge. She is currently working on applying John Gottman’s work on relationships to different styles of ethical non-monogamy (ENM). Mel, MA. She is a theatre artist, musician, writer, storyteller, teacher, and marketing professional. Her one-woman show - Sexology: The Musical! - explores her journey from monogamy to solo polyamory, covering the entire range of sexuality and relationships. The show has toured across the country and been awarded multiple Best-in-Show awards. Their goal is to create a safe and nurturing space where you can explore your edges and learn more about your deepest self, desires, and relationships while unwinding the blocks that get in your way. All activities are entirely consensual.
All material ©2020 by Empowered Pleasure, LLC
Suggested per person cost is $25, with a suggested minimum event fee of $10. Please PayPal to email@example.com or purchase a ticket here.
Regular Event Ticket$25.00
Partial Pay Ticket$15.00
Pay What You Can$10.00