Ethical Non-Monogamy (ENM) - Tools for Long-term Success (3 of 3)
Time & Location
About the Event
This is an event done in collaboration with Empowered Pleasure and other chapters of SPW. There will be attendees that are not members of an SP chapter. Please note this event is at 6:30pm PST, 7:30pm MDT, 8:30pm CDT, and 3:30am GMT+2 and lasts for 2.5 hours.
This last of 3 workshops is designed to explore the longer-term issues that inevitably arise in ENM relationships so that: 1. You can more easily recognize them as they arise. 2. You’ll be in the best possible position to successfully resolve them. The workshops don’t need to be taken sequentially, although they do build on one another.
• What are potentially problematic rules/agreements/boundaries?
• What are your rules/agreements/boundaries in 3somes, 4somes & Moresomes?
• Do agreements have to be equal for all involved?
• In hierarchical poly, should “secondaries” have a say in any agreements?
• How do we handle/share the expenses of ENM relationships?
• What is “faux poly”, and how can I spot the different ways it shows up?
• How can I best take care of my nesting or primary partner to avoid taking each other for granted?
• How do I use Gottman’s 7 Principles to handle difficult conversations and relationship building?
• What are highly precarious situations in ENM?
• What are the potential risks and rewards of diverse ENM styles and length of experience?
There will be multiple Breakouts to discuss the points above in smaller groups. All discussion is entirely consensual, and everyone will be reminded of the importance that anything shared here is confidential.
Cliff, Charity & Mel (CCM) - separately and as partners - have over 50 years in ENM relationships, giving them a comprehensive view of both the wonders and perils of living this life.
Cliff, MSC. His first profession was 20 years of teaching meditation to thousands of people all over the world (Iran, India, Philippines, Switzerland, US). He's studied Tantra since 1998 with Alan Lowen, is a graduate of Alan's 2-year Body, Heart & Soul Training (http://artofbeing.com/), and has assisted Alan at dozens of week-long Tantra courses in Germany and Switzerland. Over the past 47 years, he's facilitated hundreds of workshops with tens of thousands in attendance on meditation, intimacy, sexuality, boundaries and presence.
Charity, PsyD. She specializes in trauma and interpersonal neurobiology. She applies what we know about the brain and mirror neurons to understand how attachment and connection interweave, and how genuine relating in the absence of defense mechanisms enhances capacity for self-knowledge. She is currently working on applying John Gottman’s work on relationships to different styles of ethical non-monogamy (ENM). Mel, MA. She is a theatre artist, musician, writer, storyteller, teacher, and marketing professional. Her one-woman show - Sexology: The Musical! - explores her journey from monogamy to solo polyamory, covering the entire range of sexuality and relationships. The show has toured across the country and been awarded multiple Best-in-Show awards. Their goal is to create a safe and nurturing space where you can explore your edges and learn more about your deepest self, desires, and relationships while unwinding the blocks that get in your way. All activities are entirely consensual.
All material ©2020 by Empowered Pleasure, LLC
Suggested per person cost is $25, with a suggested minimum event fee of $10. Please PayPal to email@example.com or purchase a ticket here.
- Regular Event Ticket$25$250$0
- Partial Pay Ticket$15$150$0
- Pay What You Can$10$100$0